Blog Archive

24 January 2010

The Ceremony and the Reception


copyright 2009 by Eric Muntz
first published 3. Dec 2009 in the Eastern Echo

The style will get better soon.  It's easy to see in this one that I went a little overboard on Milkcowski's dewlap wrinkles, and wrinkles elswhere.  I'd been practicing rendering a cow as convincingly as possible.  This one was also drawn in parts and pasted together.  Each character, except for Milkcowski and Little Johnny, was an individual layer in the photoshop document.



copyright 2009 by Eric Muntz
first published 7. Dec 2009 in the Eastern Echo

I used the Photoshop paintbrush to render Luther (German Shepherd, sort of intended to allude to Martin Luther, one of the Protestant Reformation's most famous leadership figures).  If he looks a little out-of-place, that's why.  I was thinking of having Jonathan be bare-chested, but I figured I should go a little less over-the-top than one might expect me to.

If you look in the background of the second panel, you can make out Ewenice, Ramsey, Cream, and Milkcowski (Cream was used a couple times, though sparingly, in "Season 1").



copyright 2009 by Eric Muntz
first published 10. Dec 2009 in the Eastern Echo

My editor told me that the reception could make for some really funny and awkward situations.  So I went for it with Jonathan stumbling over the rather obvious differences between the relationship between himself and Little Johnny and the relationship between the lovely new couple--it's probably one he should have just let slide.



copyright 2009 by Eric Muntz
first published 14. Dec 2009 in the Eastern Echo

Slide shows...always fun, especially if you don't know about your slide organizer's skills with photo-editing software!  I don't know what to say about Little Johnny's appearance.  He probably would have looked just as cute without the diaper and pacifier.  It's only been within the last half-year, by the way, that I've learned to change a diaper.  Small new relatives have recently arrived!

<3

No comments:

Followers: