Blog Archive

17 June 2010

Jonathan's Doubles Team, part II

Eastern Echo, 1. June, 2010
(c) Eric D. Muntz
Experimental, to be sure.  I'm not sure that many people understood the "HEAVE" speech balloon.  It was supposed to be  Little Johnny taking a deep breath.I did this one primarily with a brush.  Even after deciding I was going to keep working with a brush, I still changed my mind and began to work in fine-point marker again, anyway:

Eastern Echo, 8. June, 2010
(c) Eric D. Muntz
I've been having problems trying to take my editors advice.  He says to use short speech balloons so the average reader won't get bored.  I'm not too good at that.

Eastern Echo, 15. June, 2010
(c) Eric D. Muntz
The original copy doesn't say "Sur le pointe."  I originally wrote Pas des deaux, which, if correct, should have been Pas de deux.  When my mother--I mean, "consultant"-- told me that Pas de deux means "Step for two," I realized This was a mistake.  I looked up ballet in the Encyclopedia and learned that Sur le pointe (on the toes) was probably the phrase I was looking for.

 I love foreign languages!

No comments:

Followers: